Despite significant progress in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in the province of Alberta, there continues to be ongoing risk related to the COVID-19 health pandemic. As a result, we are required to follow specific protocols consistent with the public health orders for our profession.
Psychologists at YEG Psychology continue to offer clients the opportunity to participate in counselling via secure video conferencing or by telephone. For clients wishing to attend counselling in-person, your psychologist is required to conduct a pre-screening assessment ahead of your appointment, in addition to re-assessing at the beginning of your appointment. You will be asked the following questions by your psychologist:
- Are you experiencing any of the following listed symptoms known to be related to COVID-19:
- A fever?
- A new or changed chronic cough?
- A sore throat that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition?
- A runny nose that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition?
- Nasal congestion that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition?
- Shortness of breath that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition?
- Have you travelled internationally or to known locations with high infection rates?
- Have you been in close contact (without Personal Protective Equipment) within the past 14 days with someone who has a confirmed positive or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19?
If you answer yes to any of the screening questions, your session will need to be conducted either through telephone or secure video conferencing; alternatively, your appointment can be rescheduled. Our psychologists give their assurance that if they too feel cold or flu symptoms that they will either offer secure video conferencing, phone sessions, or the opportunity to reschedule. If you do choose to attend your session in-person, your psychologist will take care in ensuring all surfaces are disinfected prior to your arrival. Your psychologist will respectfully request that you use the hand sanitizer provided (in the waiting area and in the therapy office) and/or wash your hands prior to entering and when leaving the therapy office. Face masks are available for use at your request.
Please contact your psychologist directly for their specific availability for in-person, online, or telephone counselling. Providing continuity of care for our clients during this stressful time is of the utmost importance to our psychologists at YEG Psychology and we are happy to work with you to navigate through any barriers to participating in sessions. As always, our goal at YEG Psychology is to help everyone stay healthy and safe and for our clients to receive uninterrupted psychological treatment.
For more information on COVID-19 or to determine if you need to be tested, click the link below.